Penn Township News
* New Electronic Recycling in Murrysville through eLoop. Click Here
* What You Need to Know about Stormwater Click Here
* Reduce Mosquito Habitat on your property. Click Here
* Bioretention in Clay Soils Click Here
* Draft Pollution Reduction Plan (PRP). Part of Penn Township's role in complying with the MS4 regulations is the completion of a plan to manage stormwater problems in the township. Click Here
* 10th in 'Safest Cities in Pennsylvania' in a 2017 report by "SafeWise 20 Safest Cities in Pennsylvania." Click Here
* Westmoreland Cleanways & Recycling Earns Keep America Beautiful Award Click Here
*Commissioners' Monthly Meeting Changes
Workshop Meeting will be 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Business Meeting will be 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
* Westmoreland Cleanways Not Accepting Electronic Recycling due to fire (Latrobe, PA)Click Here
* Penn Township Police now have a Facebook page where they will be posting news and events. Click Here
Tax Relief for New Commercial & Industrial Building
Penn Township encourages new construction of commercial and industrial development in the Bushy Run Corporate Park through a tax abatement program allowed under Pennsylvania State statute.
If you wish to read the enabling legislation go to Chapter 172 of the township code and view “Article IX Local Economic Revitalization Tax Assistance.”
To learn more about the Bushy Run Corporate Subdivision, you can contact David Reese, the Real Estate Agent managing the properties, at 724-327-3482. For more information about the LERTA for this property in Penn Township, contact Township Manager Alex Graziani at 724-744-2171 x 201.
The Penn Township Recreation Board is seeking a facilitator for it’s Summer Adult/Youth Recreation Program, to be conducted at Municipal Park, Harrison City, Pa. Click Here to learn about position.
Substance Abuse Helpline
7:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., seven days a week, 365 days a year
Those with substance abuse questions or concerns can call the toll-free number for treatment referrals and/or general information on resources...
Stormwater Discharge Regulations | MS4
The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for the state of Pennsylvania began implementing the MS4 regulations regarding stormwater several years ago. Penn Township will be implementing these regulations, which includes educating the community on these new regulations. Click Here for more on MS4 regulations.