The Penn Township Zoning Hearing Board meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Penn Township Municipal Building, 2001 Municipal Court, Harrison City, PA 15636.
The Penn Township Zoning Hearing Board helps assure fair and equitable application and administration of the zoning ordinances. The board, which consists of five voting members, hears various appeals and can grant relief from the literal enforcement of the ordinance.
The Zoning Hearing Board has jurisdiction in the following nine areas:
- Substantive challenges to the validity of any land use ordinance.
- Challenges raising procedural questions or alleged defects in the enactment or adoption process of a land use ordinance.
- Appeals from determinations of the zoning officer
- Appeals from determinations of the municipal engineer or the zoning officer with regards to the administration of any flood plain or flood hazard regulations
- Applications for variances
- Applications for special exceptions
- Appeals from determinations regarding the administration or transfers of development rights or performance density provisions
- Appeals from determinations of the zoning officer regarding preliminary opinions
- Appeals from determinations of the municipal engineer or zoning officer in the administration of any land use ordinance regarding storm water management and erosion and sediment control not involving subdivision, land development, or planned residential development applications.